Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Long Time Friends - Painter 11 - PhotoPaint - Filter Forge

Click for Larger Image
"Long Time Friends," is the title of today's image. We had the pleasure of visiting with some friends that we haven't spent time with for many years. This began as a photograph of my wife and our friend Jim. The photograph was taken with my Canon XTi Rebel DSLR.

I first opened with PhotoPaint and used the Local Equalization feature on it. Then I applied the Tone Curve to it to give it some depth of color. So I started with a High Contrast photographic image.

I save this large file and opened with Painter 11, did a Quick Clone and selected the Straight Cloner brush. I painted in the two figures that had the High Contrast look and feel. I did not want the details of the background to dominate the image so I selected the Suminagashi 2 Grainagashi brush and painted in the entire background with the clone button on.

I Applied a surface texture to the image and did an iterative save of the piece. I reopened it in PhotoPaint where I applied Filter Forge's Photo Effect Grunge for additional look and feel and a frame. I selected differing variants before I settled on  one.

I saved this iteration and then resampled for the web and saved the final with my signature.

Listening --- James Taylor --- You've Got A Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment