Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Grunge Typography - Stained Typefaces - Digital Collage - CorelDRAW - Picasa 3 - PhotoPaint - Filter Forge

Click for Larger Image
Grunge storytelling is the topic for the image of the day. I opened Picasa 3 and went to one of my folders containing some of my grunge backgrounds. Using the Ctrl key I selected seven grunge textures and made a large Collage of them. I saved that file and opened CorelDRAW.

I pasted the large image into CorelDRAW and made it fit an 8" x 10" size. I opened my web browser and went to Fillerati.com and selected some text from Edgar Rice Burroughs At the Earth's Core.

I added the text to the image, using for the background text paragraph the Bedini typeface, I force justified the yellow text. I liked the phrase at the end of the paragraph and copied that for the large text.

"His attitude was of one who waits for the miracle to come to him," I thought was an interesting phrase. I selected the typeface Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold and enlarged it. I set it at force justify and small caps in black.

I duplicated the phrase and made it white and offset it from the black type. I saved the large file and resampled it to use online. To add the grunge look and feel as even more evident I used Filter Forge's Photo Effects Grunge and tested out varying effects. I selected to lessen the grunge increase the stains and applied it to the whole image.

As an aside topic, I got out my Seagull 12-String guitar the other night and tuned it to an open "G" tuning that I've never used before. G G D G B D is the string set up for this tuning. I did some improvising making up chords and using a couple I had found. After a long dry spell musically it was enjoyable to be playing again!



Listening to: Abra Moore - Four Leaf Clover

No comments:

Post a Comment