Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Journey Called Collage - Acoustic Guitars - Music - Painter 11

Click for Larger Image

In taking the course at Digital Arts Academy, A Journey Called Collage, I am learning to use Painter 11 techniques for digital collage. Yesterday's collage was based on guitars and so is today's piece.

This is based upon Lesson 3 of the class. Using Layer Masking for a portion of the work. I used photographs of my own guitars and turned one into a pencil like style for the main focus.

I added music and texture to the piece painting on layers, masked and otherwise, with the Chalk brush. I made special paper textures for this image of both acoustic guitars and a piece of Dover Clip Art of sheet music. I kept the color scheme ocher oriented.

I also added with the property Multiply a painted guitar which I placed into the image and copied and pasted three times. I added a thin frame from Filter Forge's frames. The original image is 8" X 10" at 150dpi, I resampled for display here.

Listening --- The Early November --- Ever So Sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment