Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

At Complete Demoralisation - CorelDRAW - PhotoPaint - Filter Forge

Click for Larger Image
This image is entitled "at complete demoralisation," was created in CorelDRAW and adjusted in PhotoPaint. I followed the same basic steps as I had with my last two images. I like the motif and decided to do another image like them.

I opened CorelDRAW and imported from my Fractals folder three differing modified fractals. I resized them and placed them.

I went online to fillerati.com and copied a partial quote from H. G. Wells, "War of the Worlds," and placed that on the imported fractals. I used the typeface Benguiat Bk BT for the text phrase. I forced justified the full quote, using the color navy blue.

I added a portion of the quote in large text and placed it on top the image, this time straight across the page. I duplicated that quote in a Cyan color to offset from the black. This was center justified. I also set the character spacing at 33 and the line spacing at 85 percent respectively.

I grouped the pieces together and copied to the clipboard. I opened PhotoPaint and pasted as New from Clipboard then saved large file, closing CorelDRAW. I then resampled the file for display.

I went into Filter Forge's Photo Effects Grunge and selected a variant. I adjusted the stains and amount of texture for that grunge look and feel, without overpowering the image. This also placed a frame around the full piece.

I added my signature to complete the piece. I saved the image to share here.

Listening --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka ---When Our Eyes Met

No comments:

Post a Comment