Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Textured Acoustic Guitars - Painter 11 - PhotoPaint


Today's image began in Painter 11 where I created some guitar textures and painted them in with a Chalk brush. I selected various colors and also inverted the textures at times. I also used some other custom textures to add interest. The original size of this piece is 8" X 10" at 150dpi.

I saved this large file of textured background and reopened in PhotoPaint. From Picasa 3 folders I selected some guitar photographs (of my own) and applied Little Ink Pot's Thredgeholder for a sketchy look and feel. I resized as I saw fit. I used the property Multiply for transparency.

I repeated the use of the two dual Guitar photographs at differing sizes and color using the Replace Colors tool. I added the 12-string headstock using Multiply for transparency.

I placed a sixty pixel border on the large piece and using the wand I masked out the image and used the 3D Bevel tool for the framing. I resaved the large file. Then I resampled for display here after adding my signature.

Listening --- Steve Earle --- Guitar Town

No comments:

Post a Comment