Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Painter 11 Portrait - Corel PhotoPaint - Picasa 3 - Filter Forge

Click for Larger Image
I recently spent some time with my Grandson and took a few Photographs of him. I browsed in Picasa 3 to the dated folder containing these and selected one closeup. I went to Create Picture Collage in Picasa 3 and created a large file of the closeup as a single image in the collage.

I opened the image in Painter 11 and did a Quick Clone to duplicate the image ready to paint. Using the Auto Van Gogh brush I applied it to the clone. Afterward I wanted to push the background to the back visually so I chose the Grainy Water Blender and painted the background with it.

I decided it need more grain so I selected a Suminagashi 2 Grainagashi brush and painted on the background with the clone tab selected.  I also applied the Soft Cloner Brush to the eyes and then used the Grainagashi brush around the eyes and mouth and nostrils.

To bring out more clarity in detail for the eyes I selected the Straight cloner brush and painted the iris and pupil.

I saved this very large file as a jpg format. I closed Painter 11 and using Picasa 3 went to the folder where I had saved it and opened with PhotoPaint. I resampled the image for the web. Using Filter Forge's frames I added a small frame variation with rounded corners and three colors, adjusting the width of each color. I saved that file as a jpg with my signature as an iterative save.

Listening --- Led Zeppelin --- The Rain Song

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jo! I try to make it visually inviting and technically interesting!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete