Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Inky Vines Grow Everywhere


Have you ever noticed how vines tend to overgrow everything in their path. I like fractals so I believe that is why I like vines so much. They tend to replicate like a fractal algorithm.

Take for example this image of vine growth. They are almost covering the tower in the background and the vent in the foreground, too. Another example is the ivy we planted as ground cover in our back yard. It started out just a few plants and now is a luxurious growth covering the ground.

I took this photograph with a 5.2 megapixel camera and the detail was surprisingly good. First I opened the image in PhotoPaint and increased the saturation, and sharpened it a little. Then I opened the photograph in Paint.NET and used the Artistic> Ink Sketch on it to give it a highly stylized detailing of the flowing vines.

As always I resized it in PhotoPaint and gave it a mat like border. I always try to keep the images for the blog to a size that uploads quickly and yet when you click on it you get a large enough picture to see details and the colors.

This inky vine image is very intricate and that's how my mind is working today.

I'd like it if my mind would work on a lyric or a chord progression since I am thinking nice and clear today. But sometimes it just doesn't work that way. Inspiration is what I need! At least I worked on an image thus far and it's only around 5:00 our time so I have some of the day left. I'll just have to see what happens.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Bto - Gimme Your Money Please
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment