Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Portrait of Self with Guitars


No, I am not narcis-
sistic, just looking for photo-
graphs to play with. This is a really bad photograph of me, which is pretty blurry, I attempted to salvage it and make it palatable for the viewer.

As you can see I am not a young man anymore, yes that is gray in the mustache. I wear my hair short now not like the late 60's and early 70's when it was long, like the style of the times.

I added some guitars to the image as this blog does talk about music and I do have them on my mind quite often.

I have been troubled by illness for a couple of days, so I have little to report musically. We did watch the ACM Artist of the Decade the other night - George Strait. Many performed for the tribute and it was enjoyable to watch. George was almost in tears a couple of times during the performances. You could tell he was pleased with all of the interpretations of his hit songs when he stated, "I sure am glad I got a hold of those songs before any of you did."

PBS had a show with Willie Nelson and his cronies on recently. I watched part of that as well. I pays to keep up with all kinds of music and performances.

I had read a Twitter that Eric Clapton and Stevie Winwood were supposed to be on PBS but not our local channels. I would really like to see that one, perhaps it will be on later on our local channels.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Act Naturally Cover
null

No comments:

Post a Comment