Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Jamming


Yesterday evening my friend David and I did a little jamming at my son's place. He had us over for a cookout. The weather was nice but chilly so we jammed inside.

I also had an opportunity to jam with another friend, Marshall, who played the violin in accompaniment on "Old Man" by Neil Young.

Both times we had great fun. It has been quite awhile since I had anyone to jam with, so I especially enjoyed it. It was all acoustic without any amplification.

Here is an image of the 6-string Lyon guitar that David played. I was experimenting with low light photography and the light came from LED lighting. I did not get any pictures of either jam as I was playing my 12-string and wasn't able to use the camera and no one else thought to use it. I am a little disappointed.

David's style of acoustic lead is impressive as was Marshall's violin playing. There is nothing like a good jam session.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Our House Cover
null

No comments:

Post a Comment