Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

Pools of Light - Guitar


Just the other day I was working on a new song. I don't have a title yet but it is getting close to one. Perhaps "Stay With You" as I repeat that in the last lines, perhaps not. Undecided right now.

The Chord progression is C Em Am G with Dm Em as a short refrain. I guess it's another love song of sorts. I get stuck there too often I think. I need to broaden my horizons. Anyway it is a nice turnaround chord grouping. The lyrics are coming along quite nicely.

My "Pools of Light" is another low light photograph I took recently. I opened it in Paint.NET and used the Artistic> Pencil Sketch filter to create the black areas of the piece. It really focuses in on the "pools" of the LED lighting. Of course there is the guitar in it. I overlapped the pencil sketch on the color photograph did a slight saturation increase in PhotoPaint. I like the way it turned out. Nice vertical lines with almost cartoon-like balloons of light to make it interesting.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Krackle Snap Pop
null

No comments:

Post a Comment