Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Multiple Guitars - Digital Collage


Each day can be a time to stretch your creativity. All you need is the correct attitude and a desire to push yourself a little more, and a little talent always helps.

"Creativity is a mental and social process involving the generation of new ideas or concepts, or new associations of the creative mind between existing ideas or concepts. Creativity is fueled by the process of either conscious or unconscious insight. An alternative conception of creativeness is that it is simply the act of making something new." - Wikipedia

"Unconscious insight" what a thought provoking phrase. The internal mind adding to the creative process without conscious efforts. Inspiration is another way of stating this.

I try to keep the guitar in sight as a tool for creativity. Learning how to play scales is tough but it is a practice that will allow for expanded creativity in the near future while playing lead for my songs. Lastnight I tried to figure out what chords went with two scales I was trying to follow. I took a couple of chords and recorded them in Audacity through my microphone and then applied the scales. It seems I had selected the right chords.

I think it is a short coming of this DVD and book to not give you the chord progressions that you can play in to allow you to begin using the scales immediately. So I know that they were in Cmaj key, but I had to play by ear again to find the chords. I have 30 days to try out this method to see if I want to keep this set or not. I do so want to become more proficient at lead playing. So it is important the lessons are taught in a way that fits my learning style and curve.

Up to this point it is a real challenge, and I don't want to give up easily.

The image I am sharing used a lot of repetition to create. I used this for my CD "label" calling it "Nonesuch Calling ". I used PhotoPaint again to create this.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Learning scales with F and Am C and E
null

No comments:

Post a Comment