Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

DADGAD Tuning - 12-String Guitar - Grunge


"DADGAD Tuning" is a very cool way to play something new on the 12-String Guitar. It sounds so full and compelling. I got out the guitar and decided to play with the tuning the other night before bed.

I truly enjoyed my self. I am listening to a recording of a DADGAD tuning theme I mixed. I used a phaser on it and it is phasing between speakers right as I type. It is pleasant has a good tempo and some lead along with the rhythm of my made up chord progression.

What a great way to experiment with your guitar. Trying out different fingerings and making up chords and repetitions. Its a bear tuning it all back to the regular tuning but it is worth every minute of playing and improvising.

More Grunge in today's image. I just like it a lot, the grunge factor I mean. It has captured my imagination for some time now. Textures, lines, fonts, adapted pieces of art and guitars. So much fun putting it all together.

I used PhotoPaint for the basic image, resampling the texture to fit my size requirements. I used CorelDRAW for some vectoring and fitting text on a path. I have placed flowers in the image too, see if you can find them in the enlarged size (F11 to increase viewing on your browser.) I even added some paint splatters. Great fun!

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - DADGAD Theme
null

No comments:

Post a Comment