Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Unique Change - Painter Watercolor Portrait


Time for something unique. I was thinking that my readers might want something new. I've been stuck in the grunge/guitar motif for quite a few posts so I thought I would strike out in a different direction.

I've had this digital sketch of a man's face for some time, just black on white. I opened the sketch up in Painter 8 and decided to use the Watercolor brushes on it. This was all done freehand with a Wacom tablet and stylus.

Short forehead and squinty eyes a long nose made for a different portrait image. I also used the Liquid Ink ballpoint pen brush for the white highlights. But for the most part I stuck with the Watercolor brushes.

I love the watercolors of Painter 8. I know that they have updated the Corel Painter program to version 11 now but budget constraints prohibit an upgrade right now. I still am amazed at the versatility of Painter 8 and it's capabilities to imitate traditional media for painting.

He needs a name, any suggestions? Feel free to comment.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Alison Krauss - Rich Woman
null

No comments:

Post a Comment