Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Fictional Portraits VII - Vector Grunge


Still looking for comments as to whether "Grunge" design is continuing to be popular, it is a favorite of mine.

I especially like the distressed fonts and the grungy backgrounds for some reason. Today I am sharing "Malcom," for your examination. I used a fictional face from my sketchbook scanned into the computer as a basis for the composition.

Painter 8 provided the watercolor brushes for "Malcom". CorelDRAW was used to make the vectored graphics, the freehand drawing tool. I also used PhotoPaint to create the transparent guitars and flowers.

"Malcom" looks to be rather sad, it must have been a sad tune I was drawing to when I sketched him. I captured the sadness fairly well, in my humble opinion.

I had a surprise today. I have Google Alerts set for blogs about "Digital Art" and my previous blog posting showed up in my Alerts. I was very pleased to see it among the others. It helps me keep up on the Visual Arts in the Digital realm of blogging.

Listening to music as I work on this post, some "Collective Soul" tunes. Nice. I haven't done much musically my self recently. I have been pretty busy, and that makes me miss my guitar. but I always return to it when I have the time and the desire to create a new song.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Collective Soul - Perfect Day
null

No comments:

Post a Comment