Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Fictional Portraits VIII - Simple Grunge - Social Media


Social Media seems to be so popular now. But I remember when Compuserve had forums for sharing art and comments, at 300 baud. That may have been the beginning of social contact through the computer and the internet.

I also remember the old Bulletin Boards where most of what was shared was in text form, at 300 baud. So these two examples may have been the forerunners of Social Media networking.

Now with Web 2.0 and easy to format blogging and other forms of Social Media anyone (including me) can become a publisher of content of both text and images.

A Simple Grunge piece today, again from my sketchbook scanned into the computer. "Samuel" is the title of this fictional face. I used Painter 8 for the watercolor and Corel's PhotoPaint for the rest of the image manipulation. A texture stretched to fit added some flavor to the piece.

Yesterday I got out my songbook of my own tunes and practiced playing and singing. I find I have tempo problems if I start with a specific tempo I tend to gravitate to it with the next song. So I need to be careful of the tempo I use for each practice session and each tune. I do have a electronic metronome on the computer but I don't always practice in front of it. So it is an exercise in memory and patience. But I so enjoy the time I spend playing the 12-string and singing.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - The River
null

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't post photos online...


    I found your blog by browsing Lauren Alexander's followers.
    She's generously donated one of her prints for a Giveaway on my blog. When you have a moment, come check it out on my blog here:
    http://dish-dish-dish.blogspot.com/

    Have a lovely week,
    Kara Witham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kara. I too appreciate the online community and the ability to share artwork and photos. Keeping up with friends and family is a plus as well.

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete