Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

Grunge Design Can be Fun


My penchant for Grunge Design is still strong, so I am continuing to share my efforts today.

I took the time to use CorelDRAW and printed out all the funky grunge like fonts I have in my fonts collection. I have about thirty-one grunge type styles, which was a surprise to me, I had no idea that I had collected so many.

Some of the names are fascinating. Epoxy History, Mister Twiggy, Plague Death, Trashco, and so forth. Some are really good and grungy others are a bit so. Some are almost illegible as words, and one is just a bunch of splatter like symbols, great for paint splashes.

I did not use any Vector graphics on today's image. But, as usual I added guitars in the theme.

I have a new song in the works. I have a chord progression for verse and chorus, no bridge, and a melody and chorus but no lyrics yet. I haven't tried to write any lyrics, as nothing is coming to mind. But it is a start of something new and that is enjoyable in itself. I recorded it naming it "No Words No Lyrics" to keep the juices flowing. It is somewhat upbeat, so that is cool, as I tend to write serious themes way too often.

Listening to it still hasn't brought out any words, I'm waiting patiently.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - No Words No Lyrics
null

No comments:

Post a Comment