Pages

Friday, July 24, 2009

Fictional Portraits V - Stained Glass Look


Keeping it simple works to your advantage some of the time. Using your imagination and being inspired may cause cluttered artwork. But the simple image can be striking.

This "stained glass" image is a good example of this. I used Painter 8 and did the piece digitally, keeping the basics only and using few colors. The watercolor brushes were employed to create a digital sketch.

I really like the Wacom tablet I use, it makes digital more like natural media. Use of the pen strokes to paint is much better than using the mouse, at least for me it is. I can hardly imagine working with their Cintiq interface it's for the big boys and girls. But it would be marvelous to have one. I use a smaller one and find it adequate for my digital efforts. One can always dream.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Black Crows - Thorn In My Pride
null

No comments:

Post a Comment