Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Electric Guitars Changed Music


Electric Guitars have changed the face of music. Wikipedia states:

"An electric guitar is a guitar that uses pickups to convert the vibration of its steel-cored strings (sometimes nickel) into an electrical current, which is made louder with an instrument amplifier and a speaker. The signal that comes from the guitar is sometimes electronically altered with guitar effects such as reverb or distortion. While most electric guitars have six strings, seven-string instruments are used by some jazz guitarists and metal guitarists (especially in nu metal),[1] and 12-string electric guitars (with six pairs of strings, four of which are tuned in octaves) are used in genres such as jangle pop and rock."

Tremolo, reverb, distortion, wah wah, voice augmented electric guitars are amazing instruments. They made such an impact on the music scene that it has barely recovered. Wonderful fascinating sounds come from these instruments. Accompanied by voices, basses, drums, horns, organs, pianos and whole symphonies they are an indelible part of today's music.

And I think that music is better for it. Although I do not own an electric guitar, I may someday. In the mean time I use my Seagull 12-String Guitar with it's Seymour Duncan Woody pickup to play through my Toneport UX1 and Gearbox software to make electric guitar like music. Computer assisted as it is, it the best I can do for now and it satisfies my desire to use the above mentioned effects that you can get with an electric guitar. I just can't reach those high notes on the neck of my guitar.

Today's image is about electric guitars, I used another textured background and the Thredgeholder filter for the guitars. Added a couple grunge font typestyles and a black frame. I used Corel's PhotoPaint for all the effects and object manipulation. Kudos to Corel Products for such fine graphic tools.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Bonnie Raitt - That's Love Sneakin' Up On You
null

No comments:

Post a Comment