Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Grunge Guitar - Textures


Bald Eagle Lake, an all sports lake, is filled with boaters and jet skier's today. I look out my window and view their activity. Many are pontoon boats traveling slowly around the edge of the lake, others are speedboats with skiers and tubers.

I am listening to some new music from a friend. I am enjoying the music from Jeremy Fryc, probably not a name known by many, but he is good. He has a style that is like a combination of Jack Johnson and Postal Service and his own personal touch. He rocks really well and also can be romantic and softer. Great Stuff!

Today's image began as a free Texture file from Texture Lovers, a paper and paint crumpled look. I added a few guitar pieces to the image using the Thredgeholder from Little Inkpot.

I used the object properties in PhotoPaint to create the overlays of guitars and added a couple of grunge fonts with small quotations from songs that little children sing. I really enjoyed making the image and like it, so I am satisfied with my efforts. I hope you like it too.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Jeremy Fryc - How Billie Holiday Saved My Life
null

No comments:

Post a Comment