Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Home Sweet Home - Chord Progessions


"Our House is a very, very fine house." (DejaVu Album CSNY.) An impres-
sionist view of our front gardens and our new porch and roof. We had to replace both of them this year.

I took the photograph with my Canon Rebel XTi, you can see only part of our steeply inclined driveway. We are up on a hill overlooking the lake below, on the other side of the photo view.

You will notice we have a number of perennials planted that come in year after year and blossom wonderfully. Plus the rock garden, and the tiered levels add much to the landscaping. And yes we have purple doors!

I was up last night and had to play the guitar to tire myself out enough to get some sleep. I have a list of Major key and Minor Key chord progression called the "Song Writers Chord Construction Chart", that I got from the forums on the Guitar Tab Universe site.

I was playing with a couple of the Major keys: G Am Bm C D Em and a second one A Bm C#m D E F#m. trying out different patterns of the progressions and using some flatpicking as well as different strummings. It was funny how much they sound the same with going through the pattern as presented using the same strumming, just different keys, simple.

It was enough to get me ready for sleep, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Try out the progressions yourself with some experimentation. You may end up with a song!

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - A Bm C#m D Run
null

2 comments: