Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Fictional Portraits II - Musical Inspiration


"Fictional Faces" are my sketchbook pictures scanned into the computer and digitally enhanced. As I mentioned in my last post I owe many of these sketches to listening to music as inspiration.

I have listened to various types of music for this very reason. Alternative Rock, Hard Rock, Classical Rock, Country, even some classical symphonies of Mozart and other composers. Using the music to drive the creative process.

I haven't named the lady in today image. "Green Eyes - Pink Lips" is the name I used to describe her. But I did not pick a personal name for this fictional face.

I have done most of the work on these digitally in Corel's PhotoPaint. I like the slash of color across the face here, a bit geometric with an organic appearance to the rest of the piece.

Many artists use Sketchbooks , Wikipedia has a section about them and a list of some famous artists that are displayed in many different museums with some being shared online. Sketches were used as studies for larger pieces of art, or chronologies of an artists inspiration. My sketches are usually what they called "Invention:"

"Invention
: this follows the artists' digressions and internal journeys as they develop compositional ideas" (Wikipedia.)

I am going to share an image a day for a time of many of my sketches, a departure from the guitar motif. I hope you find them interesting.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Speedboat Waves 2
null

No comments:

Post a Comment