Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Vector Plus Grunge - Up At Five A.M.


You ever have one of those mornings that you awaken earlier than you usually do? I had one this morning. I actually woke up about three forty-five A.M. or so, I tried to get back to sleep, tossed and turned, no success. So I turned on the light and read part of one of the songwriting books I have by Rikky Rooksby.

It was too early to work out any new chord progressions, because my wife was still asleep. So I made a cup of coffee and headed to the computer.

As I went into the studio/office I looked out the large window and saw a wonderfully purplish fog that blocked my vision from seeing the other side of the lake we live above. It was beautiful to watch it slowly become a silvery gray fog. It's after eight now and the sun has burned off all but a few wisps of cloud off of the still lake surface.

I, of course, wrote a poem about it. Could not help myself. Then while I was watching the fog change colors a little rabbit moved into the scene, vulnerable and sweet. I added that to the poem but it did not rhyme with the rest of the verses. So now I have a dangling verse to contend with. Something to challenge my writing skills.

I did the image for today, yesterday. Spent a bit of time on it adding vector graphics to it, some freehand some using "fit text to a path" in CorelDRAW. The background is from Dr. Web's site again. I used PhotoPaint to blend the paint peeling wood with Thredgeholder filtered guitars of many makes and models before I copied and pasted the image into CorelDRAW.

I must admit I am staying a while with the grunge theme. It is fascinating to work with the differing backgrounds and guitar images I have collected. I may have my fill of it soon and begin a new motif for the blog and for your pleasure. Until then I hope you are enjoying the grunge theme.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Can't Find My Way Home Cover
null

No comments:

Post a Comment