Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Fictional Portraits - Freehand Sketching


Periodically I like to sketch in my sketchbooks, fictional faces, characters from my mind. Generally I do this while listening to music and I try to not force a piece, I take the music and sketch to it. Following the beat, rhythm, tempo, I attack the blank page with relish. I find that I can be quite creative in this way.

This fictional portrait is "Frank," a name chosen to save a file and not to describe the individual. But by naming the sketch I give personality to the face. Unintentionally giving it a life of it's own.

I scanned this full page image into the computer and used Painter 8 for the watercolor coloring of the piece. I really like the watercolor brushes, as I am certain, if you follow this blog you have seen.

The over sized eyes of "Frank," are the best feature of this image. They attract your view right away. Which was unplanned, all very flowing with the music I was listening to, an activity of discovery.

I have been very busy the last few days so I haven't been working on any new music but I am itching to get back to the guitar and do some creative activity with music.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Make Some Tracks
null

No comments:

Post a Comment