Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Custom Pickguard - Seagull 12-string


I've always like the hummingbird guitars, so I customized my Seagull with an etching of one on my pickguard. I just used a regular etching tool and lightly engraved the design freehand. I added some flowers and leaves as well. I've had some compliments on it, and am happy with it myself. It added a personal touch to my 12-string.

This image was done using Paint.NET and PhotoPaint. I created a pencil/ink sketch in Paint.NET which I overlaid in PhotoPaint. It is a soft image with a close up of the Seagull designation on the inside of the soundhole.

I picked up the guitar for a test of my hurt thumb and found that I could play a bit with some pain. So I worked on a the new song about Spring coming based upon one of the three poems I wrote during a dry music spell I was having. So good to be working on a new song!

I am finding that my family group that wants copies of my CD's is growing and we bought a couple of packing envelopes to ship some in. I am actually considering asking them to make copies of the ones I have already sent and share those. But we shall see how I work it out.

I am just glad I can share the music and get some feedback on my work.

I will be busy the next couple of days so I may not post to the blog. I will post again today. I have another guitar motif piece to share that was done using CorelDRAW vector graphics that I convert to jpg for displaying on the blog.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Moby - Everloving
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind comments! I will visit your site as well. I hope to continue to offer some good insight's to techniques of digital art and music.

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete