Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Picasa 3 Guitar Collage


I was up a little late last night, took a day trip to Grand Rapids, Michigan to see family in the hospital. When I got back I had to unwind so I worked on another Picasa 3 collage, in keeping with my guitar motif.

Using Picasa 3 I selected a number of guitar photographs and made a collage of them. I began by making a trace of the image in CorelTRACE. I opened the collage in PhotoPaint and applied the Effects> Blur> Tune Blur> filter and applied the smooth selection four times. And I applied the Effects> Art Strokes> Crayon filter to it. I then selected the saved file and opened it in Painter 8.

There I selected Effects> Apply Surface Texture> Image Luminance> softness setting was increased to 4.3. Then I selected Effects> Esoterica> Blobs> with a brown color base. I saved this file under a different name. I then reopened it in PhotoPaint and resized it to 1024x819 pixels, 300dpi and saved the final file for sharing here.

We are having our roof done and the noise is annoying to say the least. Hoping for good weather so they can finish soon. Today is clear and cold, the wind is blowing, I don't envy the workers. Because of this I am going to name my next CD "The Roof". Now I have a title I will need a title song. I have finished "Warm and Green", the song I wrote from a recent poem. I need to record it but with the roof work being done, well it is not the right time to record. But it is not so bad that I can't practice the new song and also play a new chord progression I have been working with.

April will be a busy month for us. So my posting may slow down with the coming month. I hope to continue to be creatively productive though busy with other matters.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Rem - Shiney Happy People
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment