Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Vector Enhanced - Round Windows


Ever have one of those days, you know the ones that don't start out right at all? I'm having one of those days today. It just started out wrong. Up late, missed an appointment, coffee even tasted funny. Couldn't wake up, took hours to get a grip on the day. What a day I'm having!

I am sharing a vector enhanced image today. It started out as a black and white photograph that I sepia toned in Corel's PhotoPaint.

I vectorized it in CorelTRACE and pulled it apart in CorelDRAW. It is a piece that was a round window built with stonework. It was taken at Jackson, Michigan's Stone Village South of Jackson. It is a very picturesque place with an atmosphere of it's own. It has many stone buildings and was once a cattle farm. They have a ceramics gallery and art gallery there, or at least they did the last time I was there, years ago now. It has a huge stone barn and a wonderful turret and tower of stone. I may share other photographs of it here.

The piece ended up with five round windows with the blue showing through the sepia browns, along with a bit of foiliage. Small windows fit my mood today. A narrow view through round windows. I need a bit of relaxation and this lends itself to that.

I have been working on a song, "Warm and Green", about spring coming. I haven't been successful in getting the chord progression right just yet, let alone the melody. It stems from one of the three poems I wrote the other night. I'm hitting a dry spell. But, I'll come around.

I did play around with Audacity and some trance music with a dance beat and some ambient sounds. I labeled it for the "JUNK" folder, experimental and not too good. But one can't always make a great sound each time one tries. So I'll keep on trying. I hope you do too when you are afflicted with a dry period. Point is don't give up!

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: MGMT - Electric Feel
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment