Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mayan Band


I wanted to share the full image of the Mayan band playing. I used the same technique to create this piece as I did, described in my last post. I have a cassette tape of this band entitled "Ingapirca - Popular Pan Music from South America" ©1996 Jorge Panchi. So it has been more than a few years ago we were exposed to this band. I haven't listened to it in a while. But I have it out now so I probably will take a listen again.

I like some world music though some of it is so different that I have to listen a few times to understand it. I am more interested in the late 60's and early 70's music. Dylan, Beatles, Tom Petty, America, CSN&Y, Neil Young, Chicago and many others of that era. I guess I am part of the Baby Boomers era, but I do like newer alternative rock and country. What are your favorites?

Thank you to all my readers! I am slowly building a group of person who read my blog. I really appreciate your interest and encourage you to share my blog address with others who like Digital Visual Art and Music Discussions.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Free Fallin'
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment