Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Looking for Spring - A Walk in the Woods


I went for a long walk in the woods the other day, the day I sprained my thumb, which is much better, thank you. I took some new photographs of different surroundings, looking for Spring. I found many things, a few buds on the trees, some old green of moss, new green on the evergreens, and some man made objects.

It's amazing what one finds dumped in an area that is almost park like. I found a smashed car that used to be a yellow something, but is now beyond description. I did not photograph that.

What I did find you can see in this collage I made in Picasa 3. I adjusted the photographs in Corel's PhotoPaint. A little sharpening and a bit of increased saturation. It was a partly cloudy day so all the colors in the woods were just touched with sunshine. The photographs made a nice collage. Giving a good impression of what my walk was like. Past swampy areas and muddy sections, I skirted, up a steep hill on the way back, which climb set my heart in motion. Good exercise!

Try clicking on the thumbnail for the larger 1024 image, enjoy the details, I did.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris - Beachcombing
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. What a neat idea. I feel like I walked with you. Very nice shots. I am jealous of the exposed ground, even if it is brown and muddy. We still have several feet of snow and will get more before it's all done.

    Luv ya,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess,

    Thanks for the comment, I rarely get any! I had a great walk/hike that day and the pix show it.

    K

    ReplyDelete