Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Vector - 12-string Abstract


As I mentioned, tomorrow will be a busy day, and I probably won't have the time to post. So this is for tomorrow. An abstract reworked vector piece. It started as a photograph I took of my 12-string in it's case.

I opened it in PhotoPaint and did some cropping to focus more closely on the guitar and case. I copied and pasted that into CorelDRAW and using bitmap Trace in CorelTRACE I turned it into a vector image. I saved that to Corel's native CMX format and reopened it in CorelDRAW.

There I ungrouped all the vectored pieces, I pushed and pulled some of the image to tweak it into an abstract. I love the headstock for the 12-string, it looks so large compared to a 6-string headstock, which is an understatement!

The lake today is gray reflecting the overcast sky. Gray is a good way to describe it right now. Sunny earlier the clouds moved in and that was that. In every state I have ever lived in they say about their weather, "If you don't like it wait 20 minutes and it will change." Funny how that is.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Nelly Furtado - I'm Like A Bird
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment