Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Guitar Player - Jerry Sprague


This is an old photograph from the 70's of Jerry Sprague. He and I did a duo with myself on guitar and singing and he was playing stand up bass, years ago at a Hall on MSU's campus in East Lansing.

Jerry is an accomplished musician and I have done various interpretations of this photo over the years this is the most recent.

First I resampled the bitmap by 150% in PhotoPaint before I traced it.

I used CorelTRACE to go from bitmap to vector image. Opening the file in CorelDRAW I modified it to create this abstract. I grouped all the vector pieces and the background together and copied that to the clipboard.

I opened PhotoPaint File> New from Clipboard> and I used Effects> Art Strokes> Crayon> filter to soften the image and create a feeling of calmness.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Deana Carter - Strawberry Wine
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment