Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Vector - Simple Guitar Player


I was up lastnight, could not sleep. So I did some searching on free Vector Clip Art, using Google. I found a site called Vecteezy which had many pages of vector clip art. I used some of the Cyber Plant Life clips with a General Public License to create this simple guitar player.

I wanted to do something fresh and upbeat. Using CorelDRAW I took the cyber plant pieces and incorporated them into the guitar first. The one plant looked like a design that could possibly be on an electric guitar. I drew with the freehand tool and did a small extrude on the guitar body. I angled the plant and fit it to the guitar. Then I added the other pieces to make a composition.

Some of the vector files at Vecteezy are very good, but a little big for download on dialup. So I have to be selective by size and type. You can filter your search by type of file EPS, Ai, CDR, etc. It is another good resource for usable vector clip art. Please visit them and take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment